- This event has passed.
Physical Penetration Testing
July 22 - July 23
Physical security is an oft-overlooked component of data and system security in the technology world. While frequently forgotten, it is no less critical than timely patches, appropriate password policies, and proper user permissions. You can have the most hardened servers and network but that doesn’t make the slightest difference if someone can gain direct access to a keyboard or, worse yet, march your hardware right out the door.
Those who attend this session will leave with a full awareness of how to best protect buildings and grounds from unauthorized access, as well as how to compromise most existing physical security in order to gain access themselves. Attendees will not only learn how to distinguish good locks and access control from poor ones, but will also become well-versed in picking and bypassing many of the most common locks used in North America in order to assess their own company’s security posture or to augment their career as a penetration tester.
We provide a full kit of picks, bypassing tools, impressioning gear, and instructional practice locks. Retail value if sourced separately would be over $450.
The CORE Student Kit includes:
- A twelve-piece lockpicking toolkit with a varied blend of hooks, rakes, diamonds, and turning tools
- A set of training and practice locks
- Wafer lock tools and a sample wafer lock
- A tubular lock pick
- Door latch bypassing tools
- A locksmith’s impressioning file
- A pocket microscope & steel key gripper (also for impressioning)
- A bypass tool for American Lock padlocks
- A bypass tool for Adams Rite display cabinet locks
- A multi-wheel combination lock decoder tool
- Bump keys and a bump hammer
- A polymer and steel lock mounting stand (for picking and impressioning)
- A tactical pouch to contain it all when you leave the classroom and put your knowledge into action in the field, because students retain all of these materials after the course concludes